MITSUBISHI MOTORS WORLD PREMIERE FOR MITSUBISHI ENGELBERG TOURER TO START NEW “DENDO DRIVE HOUSE” SERVICE FROM 2019
Tokyo, March 5, 2019 – Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) is giving the MITSUBISHI ENGELBERG TOURER new-generation crossover SUV its global premiere at the 89th Geneva International Motor Show, March 5th through 17th. Embodying the “Drive your Ambition” corporate global tagline, the MITSUBISHI ENGELBERG TOURER uses MMC’s own and advanced electrification and all-wheel control technologies to raise SUV appeal to a new level.
MITSUBISHI ENGELBERG TOURER
Engelberg is a well-known ski resort in the Central region of Switzerland that offers grand panoramic vistas and is known, as well as for its groomed runs, for its challenging off-piste runs that offer freestyle and freeriding fun for skiers and snowboarders.
MITSUBISHI ENGELBERG TOURER is a Twin Motor 4WD plug-in hybrid EV (PHEV). As befits the Engelberg Tourer name, it offers high levels of running performance that allow the driver to enjoy driving in any weather condition or on any road surface with confidence. It combines this with the long cruising range inherent to the PHEV and that allows journeys out of town to places with no charging infrastructure.
MITSUBISHI ENGELBERG TOURER, as its name suggests and just right for the resort scene, has been designed as an elegant and functional all-rounder crossover SUV. We have crafted a design that bursts with Mitsubishiness. The body styling gives expression to the powerfulness and reliability that allows it to negotiate any kind of road. The interior offers generous cabin space that allows several passengers to enjoy the journey in comfort, and features levels of quality and functionality that are marked by a loving attention to detail.
3) ONBOARD TECHNOLOGIES
MITSUBISHI ENGELBERG TOURER takes MMC’s Twin Motor PHEV system fostered and developed in the Outlander PHEV and, using next-generation electrification and all-wheel control technologies, evolves it into an even more appealing vehicle propulsion system.
- MITSUBISHI ENGELBERG TOURER uses a PHEV system that befits a top-of-line next-generation crossover SUV. The large capacity drive battery is fitted beneath the floor in the middle of the vehicle. It uses MMC’s Twin Motor system that locates high output, high efficiency motors at front and rear, but provides a cavernous cabin space that allows 3-row seating.
- The engine is a 2.4L petrol unit designed for the PHEV system. In series hybrid mode, the engine acts as a high-output generator and achieves a high regeneration rate, while the larger displacement makes for quieter operation and better fuel mileage.
- MITSUBISHI ENGELBERG TOURER has an EV cruising range of over 70km (WLTP cycle), and with a fully charged battery and full fuel tank it has a total cruising range of over 700km (WLTP).
- MITSUBISHI ENGELBERG TOURER uses MMC’s Twin Motor full-time 4WD system with high output, high efficiency motors driving the front and rear axles and, employing the knowhow garnered with the Lancer Evolution series, uses Active Yaw Control to tailor torque split between the front wheels.
CONNECTED CAR SYSTEM
- When the driver enters the destination in the on-board navigation system, the Connected Car System uses weather, temperature, topography, traffic and surface condition information to select the optimum drive mode and to tailor torque split through drive battery energy management and the S-AWC system. This allows safe and comfortable driving and also contributes to fuel economy.
MITSUBISHI ENGELBERG TOURER uses its motor drive to deliver powerful driving and excellent environmental performance. With its point-and-go drivability and all-wheel control that delivers outstanding stability, it enables the driver to accelerate, corner and brake safely and surely as he follows his intended line in all weather conditions and on all road surfaces.
2. DENDO DRIVE HOUSE (DDH)
The DENDO DRIVE HOUSE (DDH) is a packaged system comprising the EV/PHEV, a bi-directional charger, solar panels and home battery and is designed for home use. This is a one-stop shopping service available at MMC dealerships that bundles together the sale, installation and after-maintenance of the system components. The package allows the customer to charge their EV/PHEV at home using solar generated power, and to supply electricity from their EV/PHEV to the home. DDH brings merits to the customer that include savings on electricity costs and the provision of an emergency power source.